Thread: MI 5X Bricked. Vibrate and light Blink only Help

Super Moderator
    Thanks

1zb4091 MI 5X Bricked. Vibrate and light Blink only Help

Assalam o Alaikum all members and visitors.

MI 5X Bricked. Vibrate and light Blink only Help
    Mi 5X came in Mi Account problem. I reset it with UMT set was okay.
    but some time later cell was on previous condition. after I used Miracle box
    "MI Prevent Relock". cell was stuck on logo I flashed it "A1" tissot_images_V9.6.4.0.ODHMIFE_20180712.0000.00_8. 0_735823083f.
    now cell is only light blink and vibrating. and EDL mode showing.

help me plz. Original loges are here...

UMT Dongle Log OF MI 5X Device : Xiaomi HM NOTE 1 LTE
    Operation : Disable Mi Account
    Checking for existing devices...Found
    Port : Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM26)
    Driver Info : Qualcomm Incorporated, qcusbser.sys, 2.1.2.0
    Opening Port...OK
    Init Handshake Sequence...OK
    Hardware ID : E1600400 [8953] 00000000
    OPK_DATA : 079E496E26A477B120DFCD85DF7E4AD067164D8292DDD37993 0D5891E3D8240B
    Initializing Protocol...OK
    Using Auto Loader Selection [1]
    Preparing Firehose Loader...Done
    Sending Loader [8953.ufl]...Done
    Executing Loader...OK
    Detecting Chip Type...OK
    Hardware : 8953, eMMC, 64 GB
    LU Count : 1 [0x0747C000]
    WARNING! High Speed Driver is not installed.
    Please install driver from QcFire\Drivers folder using Device Manager.
    Payload Info : In: 65536 [4096], Out: 1048576, Sector Size: 512
    Reading Partition Table...OK
    Reading Device Information...OK
    Device : Xiaomi MI 5X [msm8953]
    Software : QL1515-tiffany-build-20180525212811, V9.6.1.0.NDBCNFD [Fri May 25 21:28:01 CST 2018]
    Android Ver. : 7.1.2
    Patch Level : 2018-05-01
    Reading Data...
    Preparing Data...Done
    Trying to Disable Mi Account...Done
    Operation Finished.

Sonork
    QQ
    Jamil Mobile
    Thanks

Smile MI 5X Bricked. Vibrate and light Blink only Solution By Gsm Firmwares Team

Quote Originally Posted by Softsuccesspk View Post
    Assalam o Alaikum all members and visitors.

MI 5X Bricked. Vibrate and light Blink only Help
    Mi 5X came in Mi Account problem. I reset it with UMT set was okay.
    but some time later cell was on previous condition. after I used Miracle box
    "MI Prevent Relock". cell was stuck on logo I flashed it "A1" tissot_images_V9.6.4.0.ODHMIFE_20180712.0000.00_8. 0_735823083f.
    now cell is only light blink and vibrating. and EDL mode showing.

help me plz. Original loges are here...

UMT Dongle Log OF MI 5X Device : Xiaomi HM NOTE 1 LTE
    Operation : Disable Mi Account
    Checking for existing devices...Found
    Port : Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM26)
    Driver Info : Qualcomm Incorporated, qcusbser.sys, 2.1.2.0
    Opening Port...OK
    Init Handshake Sequence...OK
    Hardware ID : E1600400 [8953] 00000000
    OPK_DATA : 079E496E26A477B120DFCD85DF7E4AD067164D8292DDD37993 0D5891E3D8240B
    Initializing Protocol...OK
    Using Auto Loader Selection [1]
    Preparing Firehose Loader...Done
    Sending Loader [8953.ufl]...Done
    Executing Loader...OK
    Detecting Chip Type...OK
    Hardware : 8953, eMMC, 64 GB
    LU Count : 1 [0x0747C000]
    WARNING! High Speed Driver is not installed.
    Please install driver from QcFire\Drivers folder using Device Manager.
    Payload Info : In: 65536 [4096], Out: 1048576, Sector Size: 512
    Reading Partition Table...OK
    Reading Device Information...OK
    Device : Xiaomi MI 5X [msm8953]
    Software : QL1515-tiffany-build-20180525212811, V9.6.1.0.NDBCNFD [Fri May 25 21:28:01 CST 2018]
    Android Ver. : 7.1.2
    Patch Level : 2018-05-01
    Reading Data...
    Preparing Data...Done
    Trying to Disable Mi Account...Done
    Operation Finished.
    MI 5X Bricked. Vibrate and light Blink only Solution By Gsm Firmwares Team

All we know that lots Xiaomi Mi 5X, which was bought from AliExpress, become bricks when user tries to flash it with official firmware. You can read about the device types at this thread. I really recommend you to read this thread at first.
    User orion65 from 4PDA had succesfully semi-unbricked his device. Why only semi-unbricked? I'll explain later. Also big thanks to Саша Серый for solution development and Lefey, DartAlexCor for experiments and hard testing.

How to semi-unbrick your device, if you flashed device with Oxygen bootloader and bricked?

WARNING: this guide can be applied only for devices with Oxygen bootloader! If you try this with your Tiffany bootloader device, you'll get Oxygen bootloader without possibility to flash stock ROM/bootloader! Please be careful with device bootloader types! Use this guide only when your device was hardbricked to 900E and flashing stock ROM via test point doesn't help!

Unbrick guide

1. At first, you have to disassemble your device and find a test point.

This video guide will help you to disassemble your phone and get access to the test point.

Disconnect the battery, connect this test points and connect your phone to the PC. Your phone have to appear in device manager as Qualcomm 9008 HS-USB or similar. If not, please install Qualcomm drivers first.
    2. After that download this ZIP and unpack it.
    3. Go to "unbrick" folder, open params file in editor and put in it COM number of your device in device manager.

4. Install latest EN-CN firmware for Fastboot using Mi Flash with checkbox "Clean all".

5. Run "writeselparts" application in "unbrick" folder and wait... This'll flash emmc_appsboot.mbn from Mi Max 2. When succeed, you'll get this message:

6. Disconnect USB and connect the battery and run the phone. Your phone will turn on, but you won't see anything on the screen. That's normal phenomenon, this is happening for the same reason why there is no bunny in Fastboot mode. Just relax and wait 5-10 minutes, wait until your phone installs firmware.
    7. If you lost your IMEI numbers: Dial *#*#717717#*#*, download and open QPST and restore your IMEI numbers with this QCN file. You can learn about it here, but your phone will be in diagnostics mode after dialing, so you needn't use adb and get root. You can disable diagnostics mode after using QPST by dialing this number again.
    8. After this steps you'll get China genuine firmware.

Additional steps to get localized firmware

9a. After you can unlock your phone using this guide. Don't worry: you'll successfully unlock your Mi 5X because MiFlash Unlock will recognise your phone as Mi Max 2.
    10a. Install this bootloader write-protected TWRP Recovery with this guide.
    11a. Flash firmware package via TWRP with wipes of ART, Dalvik, Cache and e.t.c.

If you don't want to set up TWRP

10b. Download every localized firmware you want, then open your ZIP package and replace /firmware-update/emmc_appsboot.mbn file with that one, which you have already downloaded before (/unbrick/emmc_appsboot.mbn). Please don't forget to do this procedure for your future updates.

11b. Flash modified firmware package through MiFlash in Fastboot mode.

Restrictions

1. You are not allowed to flash your phone after unbricking by this method with official ROM! You'll get 900E mode again.
    2. This method is only for devices with Oxygen bootloader. Check it out. If you have Tiffany device, flash and unlock it as usual.

Why your (Oxygen bootloader) devices have this restrictions?

That's happening because this devices have unlocked bootloader from Mi Max 2 (emmc_appsboot.mbn), which was installed by Chinese resellers. When the phone starts with aboot from Mi Max 2, it overrides several blocks of memory in SoC QFPROM and after that aboot from Mi 5X can't be started by SBL (Seconadary Bootloader) caused updated blocks: SBL don't pass aboot with lower version (Mi 5X and others: 0, Mi Max 2: 1), so device falls in 900E diagnostics mode. This is a form of downgrade protection for aboot. Today the ball is on Xiaomi side: they should provide a solution to install updated aboot.

Questions and answers

Q: Can I update my device after unbrick via Updater app, Mi Flash or something else?
    A: No, you'll get a brick and stuck in 900E again.

Q: And how I can update my device to never ROM?
    A: You should install this modded TWRP with bootloader write-protection and install updates from it. Or replace emmc_appsboot.mbn in update package with Oxygen's one.

Q: After repairing my device using this guide ambient light and G-sensor stopped working. How to fix them?
    A: You should install clean persist.img. Unpack and download this package and flash it via MiFlash (in 9008 mode) or TWRP, if you have it installed.

Q:I have done all steps and got cyclic reboot. How to fix it?
    A:Try to wipe data. You can do it in Fastboot mode by command
    fastboot -w
    Copy the Code
    If unsucced, try to flash firmware in step 4 with "flash_factory.bat" file selected in drop-down menu, but you'll have to recover IMEI after with QCN file.

At last...

l really recommend everyone to return your bricked phones back to your shops/sellers and ask for a refund. There are no fully working solution, you phone can't be updated with official firmware. Your bootloader was erased and replaced with one from Mi Max 2. That's truly disappointing.

There are no ways to restore factory condition of the phone, but maybe it will be invented in future. But it can took long time, be patient or return your phone.

All what are you doing actually you are doing for your own risk! Get luck.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Are you sure this procedure is 1000% working?

are you checked it personally?